Society tell us children are a burden.
Children are not a burden.....
They are a blessing...
Let's show that with our lives, actions, and attitudes...
Children are a blessing from the Lord.
Having littles is such a short, quick season in your life and it will be over before you know it.
whereas you do not know what will happen tomorrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapor that appears for a little time and then vanishes away.
I have often found myself saying....
"When they are older we'll be able to do ______ and __________."
"In just a few years we will be able to go ________________ and ___________"
" I'm really looking forward to___________________"
"It'll be really fun when____________________"
The Lord has showed me that by constantly saying those statements and looking to the future..... That I can not whole heartedly enjoy and embrace the season that I'm in. I enjoy them now- but constantly thinking of "what we will be able to do" hinders me from being 100% and totally present in this season of their precious lives.
I don't want to look back and wish that I'd enjoyed them more or savored the season a little more. I choose to take the advice from the older, wiser women around me who say "It's over before you know it. Enjoy it"
In just a few short years there will be no more (or a lot less of)
- kissing boo boos that make it better and save the world
- sweet slobbery kisses
- rocking and cuddling
- innocent and funny little sayings
- watching them learn to do somersaults in the grass
- dancing toddler jigs in the living room
- wiggly squiggly bodies in your lap at a ballgame
- watching them learn to run around and explore everything for the 1st time
- singing silly songs
So I am choosing to Embrace this precious season in my life and to quit looking to the future for fun and enjoyment.
I choose to be thankful for each dirty diaper......
I choose to enjoy this season of littles......
I choose to to be thankful each time they "need" me....
I choose to make each meal, clean up each mess, make each snack with a cheerful heart....
I choose to enjoy, embrace, and be thankful.
Here are some ways to practice Savoring the Season of Littles this week:
1. Read to them before you cook breakfast for 1 week
(and then read some more at the table.. We do our toddler devotions at the table)
2. Choose to skip a few Chores to go on a long fall walk and gather pinecones and acorns
3. Choose 3 kid friendly Crafts from pinterest to do after nap time/rest time with your littles
4. Every Friday have them help you make a special fall treat
5. Make a huge tent in the living room and choose to play with them for 1 hour
6. Pick 1-2 hours during the day to turn off all computers and phones
(We do not have anything on from 5 pm - 8pm every night and I do not answer phone calls during any meals or reading times during the day)
7. Go outside, Go outside, Go outside!!!
8. Paint a pumpkin with glitter and glue
9. Turn the music up really load and dance with them.... record them dancing... mine love this
10. Make a point to not say " In a minute" or "Not right now"... Make a point to say "YES"
11. Play Hide and Seek in the house
12. Play, Smile, and Laugh with them..... What kind of legacy or story do you want them to tell 20 years from now?
Let's be intentional and deliberate in creating a home for our family.
What is something you are going to do to savor the season of littles this week? I'd love to hear your comments!
Thanks for stopping by! I hope you have a great week Embracing whatever Season of life you are in!
Enjoy your day!
Also I'd love for you to go and like my Facebook Page......
If you haven't signed up to let me come to you inbox- please do- I'd love to be on this journey with you!